Held ever year in mid-July, the Gala gives us the opportunity to honor our past and celebrate our future. It’s our big fund raiser of the year and includes a silent auction and a wine pull in addition to live music, a catered sit-down dinner, a presentation by a leading light in the mountaineering community and the bestowing of the Community Excellence Award. Tickets start at $75 and It does require reservations 10 days in advance.
All proceeds go to our annual operating costs.
In the past we’ve been honored by presentations from:
- Tom Hornbine who presented on his ascent of Everest
- Jim Detterline, on Longs Peak
- Jan Robertson, on Women and Mountaineering
- Topher Donahue, Mountains, Near and Far, Allenspark to Patagonia
- Walter Borneman, 100 Years Up High
- Phil Powers, Life Lessons from Mountains, Big and Small
- Curt Buchholtz, Rocky Mountain National Park 100 Years from Now.
Read on for more about this years Gala.