July 22, 2017
7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration
9:00 am START
Online Registration OR Mail-in (coming soon)
Join us at 8504′ for a scenic fun run/walk, beginning and ending in the heart of Allenspark, Colorado. The race circles through downtown and along dirt roads amid pine forest, boasting views of high mountain peaks.
- Race packet includes a commemorative tie dye t-shirt (must register by Monday, July 17 to receive a shirt.)
- Live Music, refreshments, awards & prizes following the race.
- Packet pickup and race day registration begins at 7:00 am at The Old Gallery (14863 Highway 7 in Allenspark).
- Parking available near The Old Gallery. Watch for parking attendants for assistance. Carpool if you can as parking is limited.
To get here from Lyons – go west (left) 19 miles to Allenspark (watch for speed traps in Lyons and 4 miles south of Allenspark).
“Just wanted to say a heartfelt ‘thanks’ for all of your hard work on the Run Like the Wind! This is one of my favorites and I always look forward to it, partly because it’s a fun course but especially because it is so well organized and supported. You do a truly fantastic job. Since I see many of the same people every year I’m sure everyone else feels the same way! See you next year, and thank you again.” – C
“I want to compliment you and your volunteer team for putting on an awesome race! I am from Denver and run quite a few races a year and I must say Run Like the Wind, has been one of my favorite races! That was my first time visiting the town, the course was great (it was pretty tough, in a good way!), loved the Bluegrass Band, everything was great. Thank you for a great experience, I put the 2014 race on my calendar.” – K
Past Years’ Race Results:
*** Timing services provided by Timberline Events
- Post your training plan on the fridge.
- Cross off each workout as you go (it’s great to look back at all you’ve accomplished on race day).
- Don’t beat yourself up if you miss a workout – just go on to the next one.
- Have fun!
- Drink lots of water.
- Stretch after each run.
Boulder County 4-Race Series
What is the FOUR Race Series… ?
Four local, unique, totally independent events work together to promote each other, and offer a nice raffle prize for the participants.
They each have their own community feel, organizers and beneficiaries.
Lyons River Run: Lyons, CO
- Saturday, June 24, 2017
- 8 am Start at Lyons Middle/ Senior High School
- 5K Run/Walk
Run Like the Wind
- 5K Run/Walk
- Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Allenspark, CO. 9:00 AM start
- Saturday, August 12, 2017
- 10K and 2 Mile Run/Walk
- Longmont High School, Longmont, CO. 8:00 AM Start
Eerie Erie: Erie, CO
What is the prize ?
$1,000 prize to the winner of the raffle drawing.
All finishers from all four events are put into the drawing. The more events you finish, the better the chance you have of winning.